Blogchatter Half Marathon : Off To The Adventure

The work-life imbalance was taking a toll on my mind. And the Universe knew what was best for me at that hour of emergency and chaotic life. So, not only once but thrice, it tried to tell me that it was time for a trip and get recharged. The best thing was the decision-making for the destination. Whenever I talked to my friends, I would hear one place - Valley Of Flowers.


A person like me who had never done a single trek got motivated to choose a moderately challenging trek as her first trek, and that too with a group of strangers with one of her friends who was pro in trek adventures. Valley of Flowers considered a monsoon trek, is one of the beautiful trails with a surreal experience, teaching trekkers different lessons on the way, including patience, consistency, perseverance, and faith.


I checked the itinerary multiple times, but not once did I seriously explore what that trek held for me being a non-trekker because somewhere in the back of my mind, I had doubts whether I should go as the weather conditions in the mountains of Uttarakhand were not doing wonders but causing chaos. Somehow, my friend Shreya and I managed to book the tickets and tour package with Firgun in July. Even after booking, whenever I came across flood news and landslides news, I would remind Shreya about going there and whether that would be safe. No wonder, even after multiple warnings, she told me everything would be smooth.


Finally, the day arrived. I boarded a bus from Kashmere Gate to Rishikesh on 12th August at 11:55 p.m. with trip leader Tanvi and one of the travel buddies, Sejal, who came from Bangalore without even checking the itinerary (she did something daring that she would remember all her life).


We reached Rishikesh at 5:30 a.m. and had two hours before boarding a bus for a road trip to Govindghat, traveling in the lap of nature, crossing Devprayag Sangam and beautiful sky-touching mountains. After freshening up, the group gathered at Tapovan Circle. The traveler to take us, arrived at 7:30 a.m., but Shreya could not make it on time, so we waited for her and left Rishikesh at 8 a.m. Her journey from Dehradun to Rishikesh was like, "Let's kill your excitement and take you slow."



And the Day 1 began. Check out the next blog to find out what happens further.

This post is a part of #BlogchatterHalfMarathon 

Comments

  1. That photo just tells me how wonderful your trip would have been. So great that you listened to your body and took the break you were craving. I haven't visited Dehradun or Rishikesh in a long while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I visited this after years too, but the place has its vibe

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an adventurous trip! Love the happy smiles in the pic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The joy on your face tells it all!! Will wait for next blog to know more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Does Validation Take A Toll On You?

Friendship No One Asked For