Blogchatter Food Fest : Cooking Is Therapeutic

Recently, I started cooking for myself. I must say it is therapeutic for the heart and the soul. From deciding what to eat to what to cook, it has been a journey in itself. I cannot deny I have days of burnt chapati and curry, yet there is no going back to find another resort except for food cooked by my mother.


Two months back, I shifted to a new place without planning how I would live in a shared flat as I had a picture in mind that there was a cook who would cook for me. But, when I came here, I realized that girls cook their meals by themselves. It was shocking for me because it was not in my plan. For a few days, I tried my hands at kneading and preparing curry that I liked, and the thought of having a cook went off my mind.


Now, when I have to make something I did not try earlier, I would call my mother and ask a few things without knowing that my papa would ask me how the dish was the following day. Sometimes, if he was with her, he gave his advice to make the dish fine, and my cooking became the laughing therapy of my parents. So, I made it a habit that instead of checking YouTube, I call my mother when I try something new.

 

Comments

  1. A nice post. My son too who lives out of the country, did not know the the first thing about cooking. However he prefers to go the You Tube way and often tells us what he has cooked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha this is to let our parents know that we are learning and we can become better and make them proud

      Delete
  2. Awe that's so sweet. My mom always laughs at me when I ask her several questions on how to cook something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahah my papa laughs when I ask several questions about cooking

      Delete
  3. I still don't cook myself but I do really want to start. That will be my next big personal project for sure.
    Noor Anand Chawla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to know. And once you start, there is no going back

      Delete
  4. A very sweet post. The struggle will last for few days only but once you get the idea then everything would go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! I feel so relieved about my food habits

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Does Validation Take A Toll On You?

Friendship No One Asked For

Blogchatter Half Marathon : Off To The Adventure